If you are looking for roofing contractors in Palm Beach orBroward Counties and are not sure how you can find a company to do a reliablejob of replacing your roofing, this article may be of help.
There are many things to consider when searching for theright Commercial or ResidentialRoofing Contractor. Here are several things you should consider whenlooking for a legitimate roofing contractor.
· Where is the roofing contractor located? It isimportant to hire a local roofing contractor. Chances are you will receive ahigher level of service if the roofing company is located near your home or hasan office near your residence.
· Ask for references to determine the reliabilityof the contractor. This should not be the only factor in deciding upon yourfuture roofing contractor as some may claim they value the privacy of theirclients and do not wish to bother them. If this is the case, ask forbusiness-related references.
· There is a multitude of issues that can ariseduring the progress of a roofing replacement. Ask what their process is forhandling complaints if they arise. It is also an excellent idea to receive a pastclient reference who had a complaint that was resolved to the satisfaction ofthe client.
· What are the terms of payment for the job? Whatis the down payment and amount due upon completion? While it is certainlyreasonable that a substantial payment is made before a contractor begins workon a project, it is highly recommended that full payment is not made untilafter the entire job is completed.
· All terms of the roofing replacement should beput in a written contract. No part of the contracting job should rely on verbalassurances.
· Find a roofing contractorthat is bonded. Many things can go wrong with roofing installations that end upcosting quite a bit of money to fix. If this happens on your roofingreplacement, you will feel a whole lot better knowing that your roofingcontractor is bonded. This will provide the funds to fix whatever mistakes weremade.
· It is important to verify that there is awarranty on the materials being installed. Request a copy of the warranty.
· Check how long has the company you areinterviewing been in business. A shortamount of time in business may reflect instability. If the contractor has beenin business for less than three years, verify how long they have been in theindustry. Seek a business that has been around for three or more years, orwhere the contractor has had many more years performing roofing replacements.
· Ask the contractor whether they will obtain thepermits necessary to repair the roof. A roofing contractor should know whatpermits are required for repairing your roof. They should be aware of how toobtain these permits on your behalf.
· A good contractor will provide certificates ofinsurance for liability and worker's compensation before they begin repairingyour roof.
· Verify whether the contractor will be usingsubcontractors. If so, you should receive the names and license numbers of allsubcontractors. You should verify whether each subcontractor is also insured soyou are not held liable for their accidents.
· Verify who is responsible for disposing of thewaste generated from the roof being replaced? Will your contractor handle allaspects of this? Is there an additional cost for disposing of this waste?
The Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a residential or commercial roofingcontractor in Palm Beach or Broward County, consider BuildMasters LC. We have a greatreputation as a Roofing Contractor and have current roofers compensation,liability insurance, and a business license. We handle various roof projectsincluding maintenance, gutter cleaning, repairs, and replacements. We alwayssign a lien waiver when completing a roof. We pay attention to both the roof'sfunction and style, serving both commercial and residential clients in andaround the Palm Beach or Broward Counties.
Contact us or visit our website at www.buildmasters.net, for more information or to request a freeestimate today call us directly at 561-757-6587or 954-333-8512.